Thanks to the generosity of local, state and national grant funders, Empath Health and its member programs and services can continue to offer exceptional care and services to those impacted by chronic and advanced illnesses or experiencing grief.
Pinellas Community Foundation has generously provided funds for two of our Empath Health programs.
Suncoast PACE received capital funding to renovate an open space and increase our offering of physical therapy services to better serve participants.
EPIC received capital funding for much-needed repairs and upgrades to our Mobile Testing Unit, giving it a longer life so it can continue to provide essential on-site HIV testing and education in our surrounding communities. EPIC also received additional operational funds from PCF for the continuation of necessary prevention services.
Senior Citizen Services, Inc. has generously provided funds for several of our Empath Health programs:
- Suncoast PACE received funding to enhance social activities at the PACE Day Center. Participants enjoyed new crafts, more art projects and several themed events like PACE Prom and Disney Day!
- Empath Health received funding to purchase additional veteran-specific training materials for our dedicated social workers and weighted blankets to ease anxiety for our Suncoast Hospice Care Center patients.
- Empath Health also received funding to purchase a bladder scanner for one of our Care Centers to ensure additional patient comfort and safety.
- Suncoast Hospice received funding for a second year to expand our Music in Caregiving program so that our patients in ALFs can enjoy music to ease anxiety and discomfort.
- Suncoast Hospice also received funding to offer additional community outreach, veteran pinning ceremonies, and veterans story days for our acclaimed Empath Honors program.